Arkansas Code Title 27. Transportation § 27-14-2301. Definitions
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Arkansas Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
As used in this subchapter:
(1)(A) “Dealer” means any person or business who sells or offers for sale a motor vehicle after selling or offering for sale five (5) or more motor vehicles in the previous twelve (12) months or who is a new or used motor vehicle dealer licensed by or with the State of Arkansas.
(B) Persons or businesses that operate as salvage vehicle pools or salvage vehicle auctions are not dealers under this subchapter when selling vehicle parts to a dealer;
(2) “Motor vehicle” means every self-propelled vehicle except motorcycles, motor-driven cycles, and trucks with an unladen weight of ten thousand pounds (10,000 lbs.) or more, in, upon, or by which any person or property is or may be transported upon a street or highway;
(3)(A) “Occurrence” means the event that caused the motor vehicle to become damaged.
(B) “Occurrence” includes without limitation collision, theft, vandalism, storm, or flood;
(4) “Office of Motor Vehicle” or “office” means the Office of Motor Vehicle of the Revenue Division of the Department of Finance and Administration;
(5) “Owner” means an individual, insurance company, or other entity with legal title to the motor vehicle;
(6) “Salvage vehicle” means a motor vehicle that is:
(A) Water-damaged; or
(B) Sustains any other damage in an amount equal to or exceeding seventy percent (70%) of its average retail value as determined under criteria established by rule of the Office of Motor Vehicle; and
(7) “Water-damaged” means a motor vehicle that has been submerged or partially submerged in water to the point that rising water has:
(A) Reached over the doorsill of the motor vehicle;
(B) Entered the passenger compartment of the motor vehicle; and
(C) Caused damage to the motor vehicle's powertrain, primary computer, or electrical systems.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Arkansas Code Title 27. Transportation § 27-14-2301. Definitions - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ar/title-27-transportation/ar-code-sect-27-14-2301.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?