As used in this subchapter:
(1) “Child” means a person under eighteen (18) years of age for whom paternity has not been established;
(2) “Court” means a court in this state or another state or territory of the United States of competent subject matter jurisdiction;
(3) “Department” means the Department of Health;
(4) “Father” means the biological male parent of a child;
(5) “Putative father” means any man not legally presumed or adjudicated to be the biological father of a child but who claims or is alleged to be the father of the child;
(6) “Registrant” means a person who has registered pursuant to this subchapter and who is claiming to be the father of a child;
(7) “Registry” means the Putative Father Registry; and
(8) “Regulations” means regulations promulgated by the department for the purpose of implementing this subchapter.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.