Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) There is hereby created the Arkansas Dietetics Licensing Board, to commence operations on January 1, 1990.
(b) The Arkansas Dietetics Licensing Board shall consist of five (5) persons, all of whom are Arkansas residents, with the following qualifications:
(1) Three (3) members who are licensed dietitians; and
(2) Two (2) members who are representatives of the public at large, including:
(A) One (1) member who is not actively engaged in or retired from the field of dietetics, to represent consumers; and
(B) One (1) member who is sixty (60) years of age or older, who is not actively engaged in or retired from the field of dietetics, to represent the elderly.
(c) The members shall be appointed by the Governor from the state at large subject to confirmation by the Senate and shall serve terms of five (5) years each.
(d)(1) The Governor shall consult the Board of Directors of the Arkansas Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics before appointing the three (3) members who are licensed dieticians.
(2) Each of the board members who are licensed dieticians shall have been practicing dietitians for at least five (5) years preceding his or her appointment.
(e)(1) Members of the Arkansas Dietetics Licensing Board may be removed from office by the Governor for cause.
(2) In case of death, resignation, or removal, the vacancy of the unexpired term shall be filled by the Governor in the same manner as other appointments.
(3) A person chosen to fill a vacancy shall be appointed only for the unexpired terms of the Arkansas Dietetics Licensing Board member replaced.
(4) No members shall serve more than two (2) consecutive terms.
(f) Each member of the Arkansas Dietetics Licensing Board may receive expense reimbursement in accordance with § 25-16-901 et seq. However, expenses shall in no case exceed the fees collected by the Arkansas Dietetics Licensing Board. All reimbursements for expenses authorized by this chapter shall be paid from the Dietetics Practice Licensing Fund.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Arkansas Code Title 17. Professions, Occupations, and Businesses § 17-83-201. Creation--Composition - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ar/title-17-professions-occupations-and-businesses/ar-code-sect-17-83-201.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?