Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a)(1) A dental hygienist who desires to practice his or her profession in the State of Arkansas shall apply in writing for examination to the Secretary-treasurer of the Arkansas State Board of Dental Examiners, and he or she shall transmit with the written application his or her examination and licensing fee.
(2) The examination and licensing fee shall be determined by the Arkansas State Board of Dental Examiners and shall be an amount reasonably calculated to cover the costs of administering the examination, issuing the license to practice, and otherwise administering this chapter.
(b) An applicant shall:
(1) Have graduated from a dental hygiene program which is accredited by the American Dental Association Commission on Dental Accreditation and approved by the board for the training of dental hygienists; and
(2) Submit upon request proof as required by the board touching upon fitness.
(c)(1) If the board determines that the applicant is qualified to take the examination required for licensing, the board shall notify the applicant of the time and place to report before it for examination.
(2) If a qualified applicant fails to appear for examination, the fee shall be retained by the board and the applicant shall be entitled to take any examination required for licensing held at any time within three (3) years thereafter, if he or she is then qualified, without additional fee charge unless the amount of the fee is increased by the board, in which event the applicant must pay the difference between the amount of the fee credited to him or her and the increased fee amount.
(3) If an applicant fails to make the grade or percentage required by the board, the fee paid by him or her shall be retained by the board.
(4) If an applicant makes the grade or percentage required by the board, it shall issue to him or her without further initial cost a license to practice dental hygiene in the State of Arkansas.
(d)(1) All licenses shall be numbered and issued consecutively.
(2) If a license is lost or destroyed, the secretary-treasurer shall furnish a certified copy to the licensee upon the payment of a fee to be prescribed by the board. The fee shall be an amount reasonably calculated to cover the cost of furnishing the certified copy.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Arkansas Code Title 17. Professions, Occupations, and Businesses § 17-82-306. Dental hygienists - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ar/title-17-professions-occupations-and-businesses/ar-code-sect-17-82-306.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?