Skip to main content

Arkansas Code Title 17. Professions, Occupations, and Businesses § 17-27-307. License renewal

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

(a)(1) Biannually at the time of renewal, counselors and licensed marriage and family therapists licensed under this chapter shall be required to submit a license renewal fee to be established by the Arkansas Board of Examiners in Counseling.

(2)(A) Failure to pay the biannual renewal fee within the time stated shall automatically suspend the right of any licensee to practice while delinquent.

(B) The lapsed license may be renewed within a period of one (1) year after payment of all fees in arrears.

(b) No license shall be renewed unless the renewal request is accompanied by evidence satisfactory to the board of the completion during the previous twenty-four (24) months of relevant professional or continued educational experience.

(c) If any licensed professional counselor, licensed associate counselor, licensed marriage and family therapist, or licensed associate marriage and family therapist duly licensed under this chapter by virtue of additional training and experience is qualified to practice in a specialty other than that for which he or she was deemed competent at the time of initial licensing and wishes to offer service under the provisions of this chapter, he or she is required to submit additional credentials and he or she is to be given the opportunity to demonstrate his or her knowledge and application thereof in areas deemed relevant to his or her specialty.

Cite this article: - Arkansas Code Title 17. Professions, Occupations, and Businesses § 17-27-307. License renewal - last updated January 01, 2020 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard