Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a)(1) The Arkansas State Board of Architects, Landscape Architects, and Interior Designers shall consist of nine (9) members, appointed by the Governor and confirmed by the Senate for terms of five (5) years, or until their successors are duly appointed and qualified.
(2) The Governor shall consult professional societies and associations representing the three (3) design professions before making an appointment under this section.
(b)(1) Each member of the board shall be a citizen of the United States and a resident of this state.
(2) Five (5) members shall be architects of recognized standing who have been engaged in the independent practice of architecture for at least ten (10) years before appointment.
(3)(A) Two (2) members shall not be actively engaged in or retired from the profession of architecture, interior design, or landscape architecture.
(B) The two (2) members shall represent consumers, and both shall be appointed from the state at large subject to confirmation by the Senate.
(C) The two (2) positions may not be held by the same person. Both shall be full voting members but shall not participate in the grading of examinations.
(4) One (1) member shall be a landscape architect licensed by the board under § 17-36-301 et seq.
(5) One (1) member shall be a registered interior designer registered by the board under § 17-35-301 et seq.
(c) Each member of the board shall receive a certificate of his or her appointment from the Governor and before beginning his or her term of office shall file with the Secretary of State his or her written oath for the faithful discharge of his or her duties.
(d)(1) By due process of law, the Governor may remove any member of the board for misconduct, incompetency, neglect of duty, or for any malfeasance in office.
(2) Vacancies in the membership of the board shall be filled for the unexpired term by appointment by the Governor as provided for in subsection (b) of this section.
(3) If the Governor does not name a successor for an unexpired term or fill a vacancy within three (3) months after the term of a member has expired or a vacancy occurred, then the remaining members of the board shall be empowered to, and may, fill the vacancy by electing a member having the qualifications required by subsection (b) of this section to serve out the vacant term.
(e) Each member of the board may receive expense reimbursement under § 25-16-901 et seq.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Arkansas Code Title 17. Professions, Occupations, and Businesses § 17-15-201. Members - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ar/title-17-professions-occupations-and-businesses/ar-code-sect-17-15-201.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?