As used in this subchapter:
(1) “Department” means the physical location where sessions of court are held;
(2) “District” means the geographical area in which a state district court may exercise jurisdiction and from which a state district court judge is elected;
(3) “Division” means the designation of the judicial positions for case management or election purposes and does not refer to “subject matter divisions” under Arkansas Constitution, Amendment 80, § 7 ;
(4) “Local district court” includes a department of a district court;
(5)(A) “State district court” means a district court that is created by this subchapter and has:
(i) Criminal jurisdiction, as established by the General Assembly; and
(ii) Civil jurisdiction, as established by the Supreme Court.
(B) “State district court” includes a department of a state district court; and
(6) “State district court judge” means a full-time judge:
(A) Whose salary is paid by the state;
(B) Who is not engaged in the private practice of law; and
(C) Who is available for work in circuit court under rules adopted by the Supreme Court.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.