Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
As used in this subchapter:
(1) “Commission” means the Arkansas Natural Resources Commission;
(2) “Conservation district” means conservation districts created under the Conservation Districts Law, § 14-125-101 et seq.;
(3) “Diffused surface water” means water occurring naturally on the surface of the ground other than in natural channels, lakes, or ponds;
(4) “District” means a conservation district or regional water district;
(5) “Domestic use” means the use of water for ordinary household purposes, including human consumption, washing, watering of domestic livestock, poultry, and animals, and watering of home gardens for consumption by the household;
(6) “Minimum streamflow” means the quantity of water required to meet the largest of the following instream flow needs as determined on a case-by-case basis:
(A) Interstate compacts;
(C) Fish and wildlife;
(D) Water quality; and
(E) Aquifer recharge;
(7) “Ordinary high watermark” means the line delimiting the bed of a stream from its bank, that line at which the presence of water is continued for such length of time as to mark upon the soil and vegetation a distinct character;
(8) “Person” means any natural person, partnership, firm, association, cooperative, municipality, county, public or private corporation, and any state or local governmental agency;
(9) “Regional water district” means a regional water distribution district created under The Regional Water Distribution District Act, § 14-116-101 et seq.; and
(10) “Stream” means a stream of water and its channel, including springs, lakes, or marshes in which the stream originates or through which it flows, where the stream flows in a reasonably definite channel, excluding a depression, swale, or gully, through which diffused surface water flows.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Arkansas Code Title 15. Natural Resources and Economic Development § 15-22-202. Definitions - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ar/title-15-natural-resources-and-economic-development/ar-code-sect-15-22-202.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?