Arkansas Code Title 11. Labor and Industrial Relations § 11-9-111. Compensation pay to alien dependents

(a) Compensation to alien nonresidents of the United States or Canada shall be the same in amount as provided for residents, except that alien nonresident dependents in any foreign country shall be limited to the surviving wife or children or, if there is no surviving wife or children, to the surviving father or mother whom the employee has supported, either wholly or in part, for the period of one (1) year prior to the date of the injury.

(b) Upon its own motion or upon application of an interested party, the Workers' Compensation Commission may order the payment of all future compensation to be paid in one (1) lump sum, which shall be equal to one-half ( 1/2 ) of the face value of all future installments of compensation.

FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.