Alabama Code Title 9. Conservation and Natural Resources § 9-12-200
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Code of Alabama
Search by Keyword or Citation
For the purposes of this article, the following terms shall have the meanings described herein, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) ALLIGATOR FARM. An enclosed area not located on public lands or waters, constructed so as to prevent the ingress and egress of alligators from surrounding public or private lands or waters and meeting other specifications prescribed by the department, where alligators are bred and raised under controlled conditions.
(2) ALLIGATOR FARMER. A person who raises alligators under controlled conditions which prohibit free movement of the animals onto and off of the farm or controlled area, and who may harvest alligators under the supervision of the department.
(3) ALLIGATOR PART. Any part of the carcass of an alligator, except its skin.
(4) ALLIGATOR PARTS DEALER. Any person who deals in alligator parts and who buys from an alligator farmer for the purpose of resale; or manufactures within the state alligator parts into a finished product; or purchases, cans, processes, or distributes alligator meat for wholesale or retail; provided, that a retailer selling canned alligator parts or a retailer purchasing alligator parts from an alligator parts dealer or a restaurant selling prepared alligator meat for human consumption shall not be classified as an alligator parts dealer.
(5) COMMISSIONER. The Commissioner of the Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources.
(6) DEPARTMENT. The Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources.
(7) TRANSPORT. In its different tenses, the act of shipping, attempting to ship, receiving or delivering for shipment, transporting, conveying, carrying, or exporting by air, land, or water, or by any means whatsoever.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Alabama Code Title 9. Conservation and Natural Resources § 9-12-200 - last updated December 30, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/al/title-9-conservation-and-natural-resources/al-code-sect-9-12-200/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?