Alabama Code Title 8. Commercial Law and Consumer Protection § 8-35-1
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Code of Alabama
Search by Keyword or Citation
As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
(1) Consumer. A natural person residing in this state.
(2) Consumer credit report. A consumer report, as defined in 15 U.S.C. § 1681a(d), that a consumer reporting agency furnishes to a person which it has reason to believe intends to use the information as a factor in establishing the consumer's eligibility for credit to be used primarily for personal, family, or household purposes.
(3) Consumer credit reporting agency. Any person who, for monetary fees, dues, or on a cooperative nonprofit basis, regularly engages in whole or in part in the practice of assembling or evaluating consumer credit information or other information on consumers for the purpose of furnishing consumer credit reports to third parties.
(4) Normal business hours. Any day between the hours of 8:00 A.M. and 9:30 P.M., Central Standard Time.
(5) Person. Any individual, partnership, corporation, trust, estate, cooperative, association, government or governmental subdivision or agency, or other entity.
(6) Proper identification. Information generally deemed sufficient to identify a person for consumer reporting agency purposes under 15 U.S.C. § 1681 et seq.
(7) Security freeze. A restriction placed on a consumer credit report at the request of the consumer that prohibits a consumer credit reporting agency from releasing the consumer's consumer credit report for a purpose relating to the extension of credit without the express authorization of the consumer.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Alabama Code Title 8. Commercial Law and Consumer Protection § 8-35-1 - last updated December 30, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/al/title-8-commercial-law-and-consumer-protection/al-code-sect-8-35-1/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?