Alabama Code Title 7. Commercial Code § 7-9A-806
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Code of Alabama
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) Initial financing statement in lieu of continuation statement. The filing of an initial financing statement in the office specified in Section 7-9A-501 continues the effectiveness of a financing statement filed before July 1, 2014, if:
(1) the filing of an initial financing statement in that office would be effective to perfect a security interest under Article 9A as amended by Act 2014-374;
(2) the pre-effective date financing statement was filed in an office in another state; and
(3) the initial financing statement satisfies subsection (c).
(b) Period of continued effectiveness. The filing of an initial financing statement under subsection (a) continues the effectiveness of the pre-effective date financing statement:
(1) if the initial financing statement is filed before July 1, 2014, for the period provided in unamended Section 7-9A-515 with respect to an initial financing statement; and
(c) Requirements for initial financing statement under subsection (a). To be effective for purposes of subsection (a), an initial financing statement must:
(1) satisfy the requirements of Part 5 as amended by Act 2014-374 for an initial financing statement;
(2) identify the pre-effective date financing statement by indicating the office in which the financing statement was filed and providing the dates of filing and file numbers, if any, of the financing statement and of the most recent continuation statement filed with respect to the financing statement; and
(3) indicate that the pre-effective date financing statement remains effective.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Alabama Code Title 7. Commercial Code § 7-9A-806 - last updated December 30, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/al/title-7-commercial-code/al-code-sect-7-9a-806/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?