Alabama Code Title 7. Commercial Code § 7-9A-526
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Code of Alabama
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) Adoption of filing-office rules. The Secretary of State shall adopt and publish rules to implement this article. The filing-office rules must be:
(1) consistent with this article; and
(2) adopted and published in accordance with the Alabama Administrative Procedure Act.
(b) Harmonization of rules. To keep the filing-office rules and practices of the filing office in harmony with the rules and practices of filing offices in other jurisdictions that enact substantially this part, and to keep the technology used by the filing office compatible with the technology used by filing offices in other jurisdictions that enact substantially this part, the Secretary of State, so far as is consistent with the purposes, policies, and provisions of this article, in adopting, amending, and repealing filing-office rules, shall:
(1) consult with filing offices in other jurisdictions that enact substantially this part; and
(2) consult the most recent version of the Model Rules promulgated by the International Association of Corporate Administrators or any successor organization; and
(3) take into consideration the rules and practices of, and the technology used by, filing offices in other jurisdictions that enact substantially this part.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Alabama Code Title 7. Commercial Code § 7-9A-526 - last updated December 30, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/al/title-7-commercial-code/al-code-sect-7-9a-526/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?