Alabama Code Title 5. Banks and Financial Institutions § 5-13B-11
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Code of Alabama
Search by Keyword or Citation
In order to carry out the purposes of this title, in addition to and cumulative with the authority and powers of the superintendent set forth elsewhere in this title, the superintendent may:
(1) Adopt regulations;
(2) Enter into cooperative, coordinating, or information-sharing agreements with any other bank supervisory agency or any organization affiliated with or representing one or more bank supervisory agencies;
(3) Accept any report of examination or investigation by another bank supervisory agency having concurrent jurisdiction over an Alabama state bank or a bank holding company that controls an Alabama state bank in lieu of conducting the superintendent's own examination or investigation of such bank holding company or bank;
(4) Enter into contracts with any bank supervisory agency having concurrent jurisdiction over an Alabama state bank or a bank holding company that controls an Alabama state bank to engage the services of the agency's examiners at a reasonable rate of compensation, or to provide the services of the superintendent's examiners to the agency at a reasonable rate of compensation; which contract shall be deemed a sole source, one vendor and one supplier contract under the procurement laws of this state and shall be exempt from competitive bidding requirements;
(5) Enter into joint examinations or joint enforcement actions with any other bank supervisory agency having concurrent jurisdiction over any Alabama state bank, or any bank holding company that controls an Alabama state bank; provided, however, that the superintendent may take any such action independently only with respect to any Alabama state bank or bank holding company organized under the laws of Alabama or another state in the United States that directly owns a majority of the voting securities of an Alabama state bank. If the superintendent determines that examination of an out-of-state bank or bank holding company is necessary to carry out his or her responsibilities under this title or to enforce compliance with the laws of this state, the superintendent shall recognize the exclusive authority of the home state regulator over corporate governance and other matters as provided in federal law and the primary responsibility of the home state regulator with respect to safety and soundness matters; and
(6) Assess supervisory and examination fees that shall be payable by Alabama banks in connection with the performance of the duties of the superintendent under this title. Such fees may be shared with other bank supervisory agencies or any organizations affiliated with or representing one or more bank supervisory agencies in accordance with agreements between them and the superintendent.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Alabama Code Title 5. Banks and Financial Institutions § 5-13B-11 - last updated December 30, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/al/title-5-banks-and-financial-institutions/al-code-sect-5-13b-11.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?