Skip to main content

Alabama Code Title 45. Local Laws § 45-9-60

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

(a) Pursuant to Amendment No. 103 of the Constitution of Alabama of 1901, the coroner serving Chambers County shall receive a monthly salary of seven hundred dollars ($700) effective September 1, 2003.

(b) The salary provided for in this section shall be paid in equal monthly installments from the county treasury and shall be paid in lieu of any other salary heretofore provided by law for the coroner.

(c) The Chambers County Coroner may appoint additional deputy coroners and other employees of the coroner's office as needed. The coroner shall provide all salaries and expenses of additional deputy coroners and other employees of the coroner's office. Any deputy coroner shall have the same qualifications as the coroner and shall serve under the supervision of the coroner and subject to the coroner's procedures for conducting death investigations and shall otherwise carry out the duties of the office of coroner at the direction of the coroner. The deputy coroner may be dismissed from service by the coroner for violation of the procedures or acts of misconduct. Any deputy coroner or employee of the coroner's office employed by the Chambers County Coroner shall serve at the pleasure of the Chambers County Coroner.

(d) The Chambers County Coroner shall be entitled to receive additional travel expenses in the amount of two hundred fifty dollars ($250) per month for the months of October 2000 to April 2002, inclusive. The provisions of this subsection are remedial and curative and shall be retroactive to October 1, 2000.

Cite this article: - Alabama Code Title 45. Local Laws § 45-9-60 - last updated January 01, 2019 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard