Skip to main content

Alabama Code Title 45. Local Laws § 45-49-151

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

(a) There is created and established the Mobile County Racing Commission, the same being referred to as the racing commission or the commission. The commission shall consist of three members who shall be appointed as follows:

(1) One member (Place Number One) shall be appointed by a vote of two-thirds of the members of the Mobile County Legislative Delegation.

(2) One member (Place Number Two) shall be appointed by the Mobile County Foundation for Public Higher Education created pursuant to Acts 1962, No. 41, 1962 Special Session (Acts 1962, p. 51), if such foundation has been created in the county and if there is not such a foundation, then such member shall be appointed in the same manner as Place Number Three.

(3) One member (Place Number Three) shall be appointed by a majority vote of the municipalities of the county, each municipality being entitled to one vote and a majority of the governing body of such municipality determining how the vote is cast.

(b) No position may be filled more than six months prior to the expiration of the current term thereof. Each member shall hold office for a term of four years from the effective day of the appointment.

(c) Each member shall serve until his or her successor has been appointed and qualified. All books, records, maps, documents, and papers shall constitute public records, and be available for copying, examining, and inspecting during all normal business hours by any agency, official, or person.

Cite this article: - Alabama Code Title 45. Local Laws § 45-49-151 - last updated January 01, 2019 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard