Alabama Code Title 45. Local Laws § 45-39-40.02
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Code of Alabama
Search by Keyword or Citation
For the purposes of this article, the following words and phrases shall have the respective meanings ascribed by this section:
(1) BARBER. Any person who practices barbering.
(2) BARBER APPRENTICE. Any person who practices barbering under the constant and direct supervision of a licensed barber.
(3) BARBERING. The occupation of shaving or trimming the beard, cutting, styling or dressing the hair, giving facial or scalp massages, giving facial or scalp treatment with oils or cream or other preparations made for this purpose, either by hand or by a means of mechanical appliances, singeing and shampooing the hair, dyeing the hair, or permanently waving or straightening the hair, styling, cutting, fitting, measuring, and forming head caps for wigs or hairpieces, hair weaving to the extent that surgical or medical procedures are not involved, or hair removal of any living person for compensation.
(4) BARBERSHOP. The immediate premises upon or within which the practice of barbering is carried on.
(5) BOARD. The Lauderdale County Board of Barbering.
(6) COUNTY. Lauderdale County.
(7) INSTRUCTOR. Any person who is a barber and who teaches barbering in a duly registered school of barbering; provided that nothing contained herein shall apply to any instructor employed as a teacher in a school or class executed by a public school board of education or public trade school.
(8) MANAGING BARBER. A barber who manages or conducts a barbershop or school of barbering.
(9) MASTER BARBER. A person holding a managing barbers license who has completed a course of study in continuing education approved by the board of barbering within a licensing period and who has paid the original licensing fee as herein provided. This is an optional license and persons who do not wish to complete the continuing education requirement may obtain a managing barber license when renewing their license.
(10) SCHOOL OF BARBERING. Any place or part thereof, used for the instruction or training of persons in the practice of barbering, including a school of barbering, college of barbering, and any other institution; provided, that nothing contained herein shall apply to any school or class operated by a public school board of education or public trade school.
(11) STUDENT. Any person enrolled and pursuing a course of study in a school of barbering registered or licensed under this article.
(12) STUDENT INSTRUCTOR. A barber who is receiving instructions in teacher's training in a duly registered school of barbering.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Alabama Code Title 45. Local Laws § 45-39-40.02 - last updated December 30, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/al/title-45-local-laws/al-code-sect-45-39-40-02.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?