Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(1) The application for a certificate of title of a vehicle must be made by the owner or owner's representative to the department, county auditor or other agent, or subagent appointed by the director on a form furnished or approved by the department and must contain:
(a) A description of the vehicle, including make, model, vehicle identification number, type of body, and the odometer reading at the time of delivery of the vehicle;
(b) The name and address of the person who is to be the registered owner of the vehicle and, if the vehicle is subject to a security interest, the name and address of the secured party; and
(c) Other information the department may require.
(2) The department may require additional information and a physical examination of the vehicle or of any class of vehicles, or either.
(3) The application for a certificate of title must be signed by the person applying to be the registered owner and be sworn to by that person in the manner described under chapter 5.50 RCW. The department shall keep the application in the original, computer, or photostatic form.
(4) The application for an original certificate of title must be accompanied by:
(a) A draft, money order, certified bank check, or cash for all fees and taxes due for the application for certificate of title; and
(b) The most recent certificate of title or other satisfactory evidence of ownership.
(5) Once issued, a certificate of title is not subject to renewal.
(6) Whenever any person, after applying for or receiving a certificate of title, moves from the address named in the application or in the certificate of title issued to him or her, or changes his or her name of record, the person shall, within ten days thereafter, notify the department of the name or address change as provided in RCW 46.08.195.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Alabama Code Title 45. Local Laws § 45-39-40.01 - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/al/title-45-local-laws/al-code-sect-45-39-40-01/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?