Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
All personnel activities required to create or administer the personnel system authorized by this article shall be based on the rules, policies, and procedures adopted by the county commission. All county employees shall be hired and retained based on rules, policies, and procedures adopted by the county commission, as necessary, to implement this article. This personnel system shall apply to all employees except:
(1) Elected officials.
(2) Members of appointed boards and commissions.
(3) Volunteer personnel who receive no compensation from the county.
(4) Persons performing work under contract with the county and not carried on the payroll as employees.
(5) Persons whose employment is subject to the approval of the United States Government or the State of Alabama.
(6) Other persons so designated by the county commission who meet the intent of this section.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Alabama Code Title 45. Local Laws § 45-27-120.03 - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/al/title-45-local-laws/al-code-sect-45-27-120-03/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.