Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Escambia County may establish a personnel system for Escambia County based on all of the following principles:
(1) Recruiting, selecting, and advancing employees based on their ability, knowledge, and skills, including the open competition of qualified applicants for initial and subsequent appointment.
(2) Establishing pay rates consistent with the principle of comparable pay for comparable jobs.
(3) Training employees, as needed, to assure quality job performance.
(4) Retaining employees on the basis of county needs, adequacy of performance, correcting inadequate performance when possible, and disciplining employees, including discharge, when such actions are in the best interests of the county.
(5) Assuring fair treatment of applicants and employees in all aspects of personnel administration without regard to political affiliation, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, or age.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Alabama Code Title 45. Local Laws § 45-27-120.02 - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/al/title-45-local-laws/al-code-sect-45-27-120-02.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?