Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) Admittance to the pretrial diversion program shall be appropriate in any of the following instances:
(1) The offender is 18 years of age or older, or 16 years of age or older if the offense is a traffic citation, at the time the alleged offense was committed.
(2) There is a probability justice will be served if the offender is placed in the pretrial diversion program.
(3) It is determined the needs of the state and of the offender can be met through the pretrial diversion program.
(4) The offender appears to pose no threat to the safety and well-being of the community.
(5) It appears the offender is not likely to be involved in further criminal activity.
(6) The offender will likely respond to rehabilitative treatment.
(7) The offender has never been granted pretrial diversion or participated in any similar program in any court in any state.
(8) The offender has no prior misdemeanor or felony convictions.
(b) The district attorney may waive any of the standards specified in subsection (a) if justice or special circumstances dictate.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Alabama Code Title 45. Local Laws § 45-12-82.03 - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/al/title-45-local-laws/al-code-sect-45-12-82-03/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?