Alabama Code Title 44. Youth Services § 44-1-1
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Code of Alabama
Search by Keyword or Citation
The purpose of this chapter is to promote and safeguard the social well-being and general welfare of the youth of the state through a comprehensive and coordinated program of public services for the prevention of juvenile delinquency and the rehabilitation of delinquent youth. This state program shall provide the following:
(1) Social and educational services and facilities for any youth whom a juvenile judge deems in need of such state services;
(2) The establishment of standards for social and educational services and facilities for such youth;
(3) Cooperation with public and voluntary agencies, organizations and citizen groups in the development and coordination of programs and activities directed toward the prevention, control and treatment of delinquency;
(4) The promotion and improvement of community conditions, programs and resources to aid parents in discharging their responsibilities for the care, development and well-being of their children; and
(5) The promotion of improved communications between the public and voluntary agencies and bodies of this state responsible for said youth and the juvenile courts of this state.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Alabama Code Title 44. Youth Services § 44-1-1 - last updated December 30, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/al/title-44-youth-services/al-code-sect-44-1-1.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?