Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
The debts against the estates of decedents are to be paid in the following order:
(1) The funeral expenses.
(2) The fees and charges of administration.
(3) Expenses of the last sickness.
(4) Taxes assessed on the estate of the decedent previous to his death.
(5) Debts due to employees, as such, for services rendered the year of the death of the decedent.
(6) The other debts of the decedent.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Alabama Code Title 43. Wills and Decedents' Estates § 43-2-371 - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/al/title-43-wills-and-decedents-estates/al-code-sect-43-2-371/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?