Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) With respect to all state educational or eleemosynary institutions which are governed by a board of trustees or other similar governing body, the Department of Finance shall have the following powers and duties only:
(1) To make all budget allotments to such institutions.
(2) To require the furnishing of all information concerning such institutions insofar as necessary in the preparation of the general revenue bill.
(3) To maintain perpetual inventories of all furniture, fixtures, supplies, materials, equipment and other similar personal property on hand, or as may have been or as may be assigned to such institutions, and to make such periodic examinations of such property as may be necessary.
(4) To examine and audit, as provided by law, the records and accounts of all such institutions.
(5) To perform all functions and duties prescribed in Sections 41-4-36, 41-4-50 and 41-4-80 insofar as the provisions thereof are applicable to such institutions.
(6) To perform, unless otherwise provided by law, all the functions provided in Division 1 of Article 5 of this chapter with respect to purchases, contracts and leases for the use of, or acquisition for, such institutions of any personal property, with the exception of mortgages, bonds, choses in action or any other forms of personal property purchased for investment, resale or exchange, or perishable goods, or medical or surgical equipment and supplies.
(7) To maintain records as to prices and sources of supply of such personal property.
(b) None of the provisions of this chapter shall apply to any purchase of $50.00 or less, made by any such institutions.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Alabama Code Title 41. State Government § 41-4-8 - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/al/title-41-state-government/al-code-sect-41-4-8/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.