Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
The department shall have the following additional duties:
(1) To establish and coordinate through either state ownership or commercial leasing, all telecommunications systems and services affecting the management and operations of the state or any county office of a state department.
(2) To act as the centralized approving authority for the acquisition of all telecommunications systems or services provided to state agencies whether obtained through lease or purchase, including pay telephones, computer services, internet delivery systems, radio communications, or any combination thereof, located on premises owned by the state or any of its agencies.
(3) To charge respective user agencies for their proportionate cost of the installation, maintenance, and operation of the telecommunications systems and services, including the operation of the telecommunications division.
(4) To develop coordinated telecommunications systems including, but not limited to, data, voice, and Internet systems or services within and among all state agencies and require, where appropriate, cooperative utilization of telecommunications equipment, facilities, and services by aggregating users.
(5) To review, coordinate, approve, or disapprove all requests by state agencies for the procurement, through purchase or lease, of radio communications and telecommunications systems or services, including telecommunications data, voice over, and consultation contracts.
(6) To establish and define telecommunications system and service specifications and designs so as to assure compatibility of telecommunications systems and services within state government and any county office of a state department.
(7) To provide a continuous, comprehensive analysis and inventory of telecommunications costs, facilities, and systems within state government and any county offices of state departments.
(8) To advise and provide consultation to agencies with respect to telecommunications management planning and related matters including training within state government in radio communications, telecommunications, computer, data, or any combination thereof, for technology and system use.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Alabama Code Title 41. State Government § 41-4-284 - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/al/title-41-state-government/al-code-sect-41-4-284/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?