Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) In connection with any investigation and review conducted under § 931(b)(7) of this title, the Commission, by and through its staff, committee, and panel, has power and authority to do all of the following:
(1) Administer oaths and affirmations to any person related to the death or near death under review.
(2) Issue subpoenas to compel the attendance of witnesses whose testimony is related to the death or near death under review.
(3) Issue subpoenas to compel the production of records related to the death or near death under review.
(b) The Commission may delegate its power and authority in subsection (a) of this section to the Child Advocate, who may further delegate the power and authority to any attorney employed by, contracting with, or volunteering for the Office of the Child Advocate.
(c) A subpoena issued under subsection (a) of this section may be enforced or challenged only in the Family Court.
(1) All proceedings before the Family Court and all records of such proceedings conducted under this subsection are private.
(2) In a proceeding under this subsection (c), the Family Court may impose reasonable restrictions, conditions, or limitations on the access to proceedings and records of proceedings to preserve the confidentiality set forth in § 934 of this title.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Alabama Code Title 41. State Government § 41-10-177 - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/al/title-41-state-government/al-code-sect-41-10-177/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.