Skip to main content

Alabama Code Title 36. Public Officers and Employees § 36-17-8

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

(a) Not less than 15 nor more than 30 days before the due date of principal and interest on each of the respective issues of bonded indebtedness, the Treasurer must certify to the Comptroller the amount of money needed to pay the principal and interest falling due on that date, and for any expenses necessarily incurred by the fiscal agent in the discharge of its duties. The Comptroller shall draw his warrant on the treasury in favor of the Treasurer for such amount to be paid out of any fund appropriated for the payment of principal and interest and expenses.

(b) Not more than 15 business days before the actual due date of principal and interest, the Treasurer shall remit to the fiscal agent, by wire transfer or draft, the total amount of principal, interest, and expenses of the fiscal agent, due on said bond.

(c) For the purpose of paying principal and interest on any issues of funded indebtedness, the Treasurer with the written consent of the Governor, may designate at least two banks, one or more within the State of Alabama and one or more within the continental United States.

(d) In the event that any issues of bonded indebtedness existing, prior to the date of enactment of this section, provide by the terms of the issue an alternate means of paying principal and interest, including but not limited to the establishment of a sinking fund or advance payment, then such payment shall be made in accordance with the terms of such bond indenture.

Cite this article: - Alabama Code Title 36. Public Officers and Employees § 36-17-8 - last updated January 01, 2019 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Copied to clipboard