Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
A tenant shall:
(1) comply with all obligations primarily imposed upon tenants by applicable provisions of building and housing codes materially affecting health and safety;
(2) keep that part of the premises that the tenant occupies and uses as clean and safe as the condition of the premises permits;
(3) dispose from the dwelling unit all ashes, garbage, rubbish, and other waste in a clean and safe manner;
(4) keep all plumbing fixtures in the dwelling unit or used by the tenant as clear as their condition permits;
(5) use in a reasonable manner all electrical, plumbing, sanitary, heating, ventilating, air-conditioning, and other facilities and appliances including elevators in the premises;
(6) not deliberately or negligently destroy, deface, damage, impair, or remove any part of the premises; or knowingly, recklessly, or negligently permit any person to do so; and
(7) conduct himself or herself and require other persons on the premises with the tenant's consent to conduct themselves in a manner that will not disturb the neighbors' peaceful enjoyment of the premises.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Alabama Code Title 35. Property § 35-9A-301 - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/al/title-35-property/al-code-sect-35-9a-301.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?