Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) By rule, the board shall make provisions to do all of the following:
(1) Examine and qualify for examination applicants for licensure and issue a license to each successful applicant.
(2) Adopt a seal, which shall be affixed to all licenses issued by the board.
(3) Prescribe application forms for examination and licensure and assess and collect fees pursuant to this chapter.
(4) Maintain a complete record of all licensed massage therapists and annually prepare a roster of the names and addresses of the licensees. A copy of this roster shall be made available to any person requesting it, upon payment of a fee set by the board in an amount sufficient to cover the costs of its publication and distribution.
(5) Provide for the investigation of persons who may be violating this chapter.
(6) Adopt and revise rules and regulations pursuant to the Administrative Procedure Act, including the adoption of rules concerning unprofessional conduct.
(7) Provide a copy of this chapter to all persons licensed under this chapter and to all applicants for licensure.
(8) Adopt rules that require massage therapists to carry professional and general liability insurance with an “A” rated or better insurance carrier in the amount of at least one million dollars ($1,000,000). The massage therapist shall produce evidence of coverage upon request of the board.
(9) Have other powers necessary and proper for the performance of official duties.
(b) By rule, the board may do any of the following:
(1) Accept or deny the application of any person applying for licensure as a massage therapist upon an affirmative vote of a majority of the board.
(2) Establish criteria for certifying massage therapy instructors.
(3) Adopt an annual budget and authorize necessary expenditures from fees and other available appropriations, provided, in no event shall the expenditures of the board exceed the revenues in any fiscal year.
(4) Adopt a code of ethics.
(5) Provide for the inspection of the business premises of any licensee during normal business hours.
(6) Establish a list of approved massage therapy schools.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Alabama Code Title 34. Professions and Businesses § 34-43-7 - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/al/title-34-professions-and-businesses/al-code-sect-34-43-7/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.