Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
The following terms shall have the meanings respectively ascribed to them used in this chapter, for the purposes of this chapter, unless the context clearly requires a different meaning:
(1) Board. The Alabama Board of Electrical Contractors.
(2) Director. The Executive Director of the Alabama Board of Electrical Contractors.
(3) Electrical contracting. Any job or project in the State of Alabama wherein the electrical contractor proposes to bid, install, maintain, alter, or repair any electric wiring devices or equipment.
(4) Electrical contractor. Any person, firm, or corporation who is engaged in the business of soliciting and installing electrical power or control systems; maintaining, altering, or repairing electrical power or control systems, any electrical wiring devices, equipment, or any other electrical apparatus. A person who possesses the necessary qualifications, training, and technical knowledge to plan, lay out, and supervise the installation of electrical wiring, apparatus, or equipment for lighting, heating, power, or controls and who possesses any of the following qualifications:
a. Four years of practical experience as a journeyman electrician in charge of jobs.
b. Four years of experience in the design and construction of electrical systems.
(5) Journeyman electrician. A person who possesses necessary qualifications, training, and technical knowledge to install electrical wiring, apparatus, or equipment lighting, heating, or power or control covered by this chapter. He or she shall work under a master or state certified electrical contractor and shall be capable of doing work according to plans and specifications furnished to him or her and in accordance with standard rules and regulations governing such work.
(6) License. A valid and current certificate of registration issued by the director on behalf of the board which shall give the named person to whom it is issued authority to engage in the activity prescribed thereon.
(7) Licensee. Any person holding a license.
(8) Person. A human person, not a legal entity.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Alabama Code Title 34. Professions and Businesses § 34-36-3 - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/al/title-34-professions-and-businesses/al-code-sect-34-36-3/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.