Skip to main content

Alabama Code Title 34. Professions and Businesses § 34-2A-8

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

(a) The board shall admit to examination for licensure as an assisted living administrator any candidate who submits evidence of good moral character and suitability as prescribed by the board and who submits evidence to the board that he or she is at least 19 years of age, a citizen of the United States or, if not a citizen of the United States, a person who is legally present in the United States with appropriate documentation from the federal government, that he or she is a high school graduate or has completed an educational program equivalent thereto, and that he or she has completed any additional educational requirements prescribed by the board. The board may exempt the educational requirements for practicing administrators on March 1, 2002, based on acceptable experience and tenure in the applicant's current position. Each candidate shall also be required, prior to admission to the examination, to pay an examination fee established by the board pursuant to its rule-making authority.

(b) The board may establish an application fee for the internship or administrator in training (AIT) program, if such a program is established, and a fee for preceptor, certification, and recertification of any administrator in training (AIT) program pursuant to its rule-making authority.

(c) The board may establish a replacement license fee for any licensing card previously issued by the board that has been stolen, lost, or misplaced.

Cite this article: - Alabama Code Title 34. Professions and Businesses § 34-2A-8 - last updated January 01, 2019 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard