Skip to main content

Alabama Code Title 32. Motor Vehicles and Traffic § 32-7-7

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

The requirements as to security and suspension in Section 32-7-6 shall not apply to any of the following persons:

(1) The operator or the owner of a motor vehicle involved in an accident wherein no injury or damage was caused to the person or property of anyone other than the operator or owner.

(2) The operator or the owner of a motor vehicle legally parked at the time of the accident.

(3) The owner of a motor vehicle if at the time of the accident the vehicle was being operated without the permission of the owner, express or implied, or was parked by a person who had been operating the motor vehicle without the permission.

(4) If, prior to the date that the director would otherwise suspend license and registration or nonresident's operating privilege under Section 32-7-6, there shall be filed with the director evidence satisfactory to him or her that the person who would otherwise have to file security has been released from liability or been finally adjudicated not to be liable or has executed a duly acknowledged written agreement or conditional release providing for the payment of an agreed amount in installments, with respect to all claims for injuries or damages resulting from the accident, which agreement or conditional release may properly include reasonable interest charges not to exceed three percent above the prime rate in effect at the time of the signing of the agreement or conditional release.

Cite this article: - Alabama Code Title 32. Motor Vehicles and Traffic § 32-7-7 - last updated January 01, 2019 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Copied to clipboard