Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) The application for the certificate of title of a manufactured home in this state shall be made by the owner to a designated agent, on the form the department prescribes, and shall contain all of the following:
(1) The name, current residence, and mailing address of the owner.
(2) A description of the manufactured home including the following data: Year, make, model, manufactured home identification number, and whether new or used.
(3) The date of purchase by the applicant, the name and address of the person from whom the manufactured home was acquired, and the names and addresses of any lienholders in the order of their priority and the dates of their security agreements.
(4) Other information that the department may require.
(b) If the application is for a manufactured home purchased from a dealer, the application shall contain the name and address of any lienholder holding a security interest created or reserved at the time of the sale and the date of the security agreement and shall be signed by the designated agent and the owner. The designated agent shall promptly mail or deliver the application to the department.
(c) If the application is for a new manufactured home, it shall be accompanied by the certified manufacturer's statement of origin showing proper assignments to the applicant. The manufacturer, upon the shipment of a manufactured home into this state, shall promptly furnish the dealer with a certified statement of origin.
(d) If the application is for a used manufactured home last titled in this state, it shall be accompanied by the outstanding Alabama certificate of title issued under this chapter or under Chapter 8.
(e) Each application shall contain or be accompanied by the certificate of a designated agent that the manufactured home identification number and descriptive data shown on the application, pursuant to the requirements of subdivision (a)(2), are correct, and that the agent identified the person signing the application and verified the signature.
(f) If the application refers to a manufactured home last previously titled in another state or country, the application shall contain or be accompanied by the following:
(1) Any certificate of title issued by the other state or country.
(2) Any other information and documents as the department may reasonably require to establish the ownership of the manufactured home and the existence or nonexistence of security interest in it.
(3) The certificate of a designated agent stating that the manufactured home identification number and descriptive data shown on the application pursuant to subdivision (a)(2) are correct, and any other proof of the identity of the manufactured home as the department may reasonably require.
(g) Every designated agent, within 20 calendar days after an application is received by him or her, shall forward to the department, in a manner as prescribed by the department, the fee as provided in Section 32-20-4, and the application, along with any other evidence of title as may have been delivered to the designated agent by the applicant.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Alabama Code Title 32. Motor Vehicles and Traffic § 32-20-23 - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/al/title-32-motor-vehicles-and-traffic/al-code-sect-32-20-23/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.