Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) When a support order or income-withholding order issued in another state or a foreign support order is registered, the registering tribunal of this state shall notify the nonregistering party. The notice must be accompanied by a copy of the registered order and the documents and relevant information accompanying the order.
(b) A notice must inform the nonregistering party:
(1) that a registered support order is enforceable as of the date of registration in the same manner as an order issued by a tribunal of this state;
(2) that a hearing to contest the validity or enforcement of the registered order must be requested within 30 days after notice unless the registered order is under Section 30-3D-707;
(3) that failure to contest the validity or enforcement of the registered order in a timely manner will result in confirmation of the order and enforcement of the order and the alleged arrearages; and
(4) of the amount of any alleged arrearages.
(c) If the registering party asserts that two or more orders are in effect, a notice must also:
(1) identify the two or more orders and the order alleged by the registering party to be the controlling order and the consolidated arrears, if any;
(2) notify the nonregistering party of the right to a determination of which is the controlling order;
(3) state that the procedures provided in subsection (b) apply to the determination of which is the controlling order; and
(4) state that failure to contest the validity or enforcement of the order alleged to be the controlling order in a timely manner may result in confirmation that the order is the controlling order.
(d) Upon registration of an income-withholding order for enforcement, the support enforcement agency or the registering tribunal shall notify the obligor's employer pursuant to the income-withholding law of this state.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Alabama Code Title 30. Marital and Domestic Relations § 30-3D-605 - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/al/title-30-marital-and-domestic-relations/al-code-sect-30-3d-605/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.