Skip to main content

Alabama Code Title 30. Marital and Domestic Relations § 30-3-66

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

The obligor and any employer upon whom an income withholding order has actually been served, including successive employers, shall notify the court office collecting the support payments of any changes in employment and the name and address, if known, of any new employer or of any termination of periodic benefits which constitute income. The collecting office shall, in turn, notify the obligee of any such change and of the right to file a written request for service upon any new employer of the obligor. If the income withholding order has previously been served upon an employer, upon the filing of a written request by the obligee indicating the name and address of any new employer of the obligor and the payment of the actual cost of service as further provided in this section, the clerk of the court shall cause to be served, pursuant to Alabama Rules of Civil Procedure, a copy of the income withholding order upon any new employer. The cost of service shall be taxed against the obligor at the time the order is served. The new employer shall file an answer as provided in this article acknowledging receipt of the order within 14 days of actual receipt of the order. Actual cost of service for the purposes of this section shall mean the amount prescribed by law for the service of process upon an additional defendant in a civil proceeding or the actual cost of certified mail when that mode of service is requested.

Cite this article: - Alabama Code Title 30. Marital and Domestic Relations § 30-3-66 - last updated December 30, 2022 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard