Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
When used in this article, the following words shall have the following meanings:
(1) COURT. A court of competent jurisdiction or administrative agency having the authority to issue and enforce support orders.
(2) DELINQUENT or DELINQUENCY. A support debt or support obligation due and unpaid in an amount equal to or greater than six months support payments as of the date of service of a notice of intent to suspend or revoke a license.
(3) DEPARTMENT. The Alabama Department of Human Resources, including the county departments of human resources.
(4) LICENSE. Any license, certificate, registration, or authorization issued by a licensing authority which grants a person a right or privilege to engage in an occupational, professional, sporting, or recreational activity, or to operate a motor vehicle.
(5) LICENSEE. The holder of a license.
(6) LICENSING AUTHORITY. Any department, division, board, agency, or instrumentality of the State of Alabama or its political subdivisions that issues a license.
(7) OBLIGEE. Either of the following:
a. A person to whom support benefits are ordered by the court.
b. A public agency of this or another state that has the right to receive support payments or otherwise is providing support enforcement services under Title IV-D of the Social Security Act. The term shall include the department.
(8) OBLIGOR. A person ordered by a court to make periodic payments for the benefit and support of another person or child.
(9) SUPPORT or SUPPORT ORDER. Support of a minor child and spousal support when the spousal support is collected pursuant to the requirements of Title IV-D of the Social Security Act. Support order shall mean any order, decree, or judgment for the support of a child, or in the case of an order being enforced pursuant to the requirements of Title IV-D of the Social Security Act, a spouse, or former spouse, issued by a court or other entity authorized to issue the orders.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Alabama Code Title 30. Marital and Domestic Relations § 30-3-170 - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/al/title-30-marital-and-domestic-relations/al-code-sect-30-3-170.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.