Skip to main content

Alabama Code Title 28. Intoxicating Liquor, Malt Beverages, and Wine § 28-7-15

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

(a) The board shall have full and final authority as to the suspension and revocation of any license issued hereunder. In lieu of suspension or revocation, the board shall have the authority, in the case of a wine retailer, to invoke a penalty of not less than $250.00 nor more than $500.00 for one or more of the following violations of this chapter:

(1) Selling wine other than during the legal hours of sale;  or

(2) Selling wine to a minor.

(b) The board upon sufficient cause being shown or proof being made that any licensee holding a license issued by the board, or any partners, members, officers or directors of the licensee has or have violated any of the provisions of this chapter relating to the sale and handling of table wine and any of the laws of this state relating to the manufacture, sale, possession or transportation of malt or brewed beverages, alcohol or other alcoholic beverages, other than table wine, may upon due notice and proper hearing being given to the person so licensed, suspend or revoke the license issued by the board under the provisions of this chapter. In all cases where the board shall suspend or revoke a license, it shall set forth its findings of fact, the evidence from which such findings of fact are made, and the reasons upon which its action is based. Any licensee whose license is revoked by the board shall be ineligible to have a license under this chapter, until the expiration of one year from the date such license was revoked.

Cite this article: - Alabama Code Title 28. Intoxicating Liquor, Malt Beverages, and Wine § 28-7-15 - last updated January 01, 2019 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Copied to clipboard