Skip to main content

Alabama Code Title 28. Intoxicating Liquor, Malt Beverages, and Wine § 28-4-225

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

If the petition shall request a writ of seizure authorizing the sheriff to seize all prohibited liquors and beverages on the premises, together with all signs, screens, bars, bottles, glasses and other movable property used in keeping and maintaining said nuisance, the officer, or citizen or citizens filing the petition may, at the time they apply for a preliminary injunction, make application to the judge who grants the preliminary injunction or to the judge of the court in which the petition is or is to be filed or they may, at any time pending the hearing, make such application to said judge for such writ of seizure, and said writ may be ordered to issue when probable cause is shown, supported by oath or affirmation for the issuance of said writ, that the officer or person making the application or filing the petition has probable cause to believe and does believe that said prohibited liquors and beverages are manufactured, sold, furnished, given away, kept or offered for sale in violation of law on or about said premises. The officer or citizen or citizens making the application may support the same by the production of affidavits in writing sworn to and subscribed by the person making them, and the judge may issue said writ of seizure when he is satisfied from the affidavit of the officer or citizen or citizens or of others that facts have been produced affording probable cause for believing the grounds of the application to exist.

Cite this article: - Alabama Code Title 28. Intoxicating Liquor, Malt Beverages, and Wine § 28-4-225 - last updated December 30, 2022 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard