Skip to main content

Alabama Code Title 28. Intoxicating Liquor, Malt Beverages, and Wine § 28-10-6

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

In order to qualify for certification, the vendor shall comply with the following requirements:

(1) Provide a course of instruction for its employees approved by the board which shall include subjects dealing with alcoholic beverages as follows:

a. Laws regarding the sale of alcoholic beverages for on-the-premises consumption and/or for off-the-premises consumption;

b. Methods of recognizing and dealing with underage customers;  and

c. The development of specific procedures for refusing to sell alcoholic beverages to underage customers;  for assisting employees in dealing with underage customers;  and for dealing with intoxicated customers.

(2) Require each employee who is authorized to sell alcoholic beverages in the normal course of his or her employment to complete the employee training course set out in subdivision (1) hereof within 30 days of commencing employment;

(3) Require all such trained employees to attend additional meetings at least semiannually or such other schedule of meetings as may be approved by the board, which meetings shall include the dissemination of existing and new information covering the applicable subjects specified in this section and explaining the vendor's policies and procedures relating to those subjects;

(4) Maintain employment records of the training of its employees required by this section;  and

(5) Post signs on the vendor's premises informing customers of the vendor's policy against selling alcoholic beverages to underaged persons.

Cite this article: - Alabama Code Title 28. Intoxicating Liquor, Malt Beverages, and Wine § 28-10-6 - last updated January 01, 2019 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Copied to clipboard