Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) Nothing in this chapter is intended or shall be construed to do any of the following:
(1) Be in conflict with existing relevant federal law.
(2) Apply to any specialty drug.
(3) Impact the ability of a hospital to mandate its employees use of a hospital-owned pharmacy.
(b) The following provisions shall not apply to the administration by a person of any term, including prescription drug benefits, of a self-funded health benefit plan that is governed by the federal Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974, 29 U.S.C. § 1001 et seq.:
(1) Subdivisions (1) and (5) of Section 27-45A-8.
(2) Subdivisions (2), (3), (6), and (7) of Section 27-45A-10.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Alabama Code Title 27. Insurance § 27-45A-6 - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/al/title-27-insurance/al-code-sect-27-45a-6/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.