Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) Every policy shall specify:
(1) The names of the parties to the contract;
(2) The subject of the insurance;
(3) The risks insured against;
(4) The time when the insurance thereunder takes effect and the period during which the insurance is to continue;
(5) The premium; and
(6) The conditions pertaining to the insurance.
(b) If under the policy the exact amount of premium is determinable only at stated intervals or termination of the contract, a statement of the basis and rates upon which the premium is to be determined and paid shall be included.
(c) This section shall not apply as to surety contracts or to group insurance policies.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Alabama Code Title 27. Insurance § 27-14-11 - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/al/title-27-insurance/al-code-sect-27-14-11/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.