Alabama Code Title 26. Infants and Incompetents § 26-10A-4

All petitions may be filed in the probate court in the county in which:

(1) The minor or adult resides or has a legal residence;

(2) A petitioner resides, or is in military service;  or

(3) An office of any agency or institution operating under the laws of this state having guardianship or custody of a minor or an adult is located.

FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.