Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) It is hereby found and declared that Alabama is in need of more safe, decent, and affordable housing for residents with incomes at or below 60 percent of the median family income.
(b) It is further declared that the lack of affordable housing in Alabama adversely affects a community's ability to develop and maintain a viable and stable economy. The establishment of the Alabama Housing Trust Fund is intended to:
(1) Provide a flexible source of funding for all Alabama communities to address their affordable housing needs.
(2) Help families attain economic stability.
(3) Revitalize blighted and distressed neighborhoods by creating safe, decent, and affordable housing.
(4) Contribute to economic growth through increased housing production, employment, and tax revenue, thereby benefiting all Alabama residents.
(5) Alleviate deficiencies in the supply of safe, decent, and affordable housing for residents with incomes at or below 60 percent of the median family income, many of whom are physically disabled, elderly, victims of domestic violence, veterans, homeless or on the verge of homelessness, living with HIV/AIDS, or living with developmental disabilities.
(6) Alleviate deficiencies in the supply of safe, decent, and affordable housing in rural areas of the state.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Alabama Code Title 24. Housing § 24-10-3 - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/al/title-24-housing/al-code-sect-24-10-3/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.