Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Subject to Section 22-30-21, the department, acting through the commission, is authorized to promulgate regulations establishing such standards, applicable to transporters of hazardous waste identified or listed under this chapter, as may be necessary to protect human health or the environment. Such standards shall include but not be limited to the following:
(1) Unless exempted from regulation by this chapter or rules promulgated under authority of this chapter, obtaining a permit from the department;
(2) Completing the manifest form in conjunction with the generator;
(3) Assuring that all hazardous wastes are transported to the permitted or interim status hazardous waste treatment, storage facility or disposal facility or alternate facility designated on the manifest or, if rejected by such facility, returned to the generator;
(4) Maintaining records of hazardous waste transported, and their source and delivery points; ?and
(5) Transporting such waste only if properly labeled.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Alabama Code Title 22. Health, Mental Health, and Environmental Control § 22-30-15 - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/al/title-22-health-mental-health-and-environmental-control/al-code-sect-22-30-15/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.