Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
For purposes of this article, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
(1) Board. The State Board of Health as defined in Section 22-2-3.
(2) Domestic. Any farm-raised fish or wild fish hatched, raised, harvested, or processed within the United States or a territory of the United States.
(3) Farm-raised fish. Includes farm-raised shellfish and fillets, steaks, nuggets, and any other flesh from a farm-raised fish or shellfish and includes any product of which farm-raised fish is an ingredient.
(4) Food service establishment. Any place, vehicle, or vessel where food for individual portion service is prepared, stored, held, transported, served, or dispensed and includes any such place regardless of whether consumption is on- or off-premises and which is regulated by the Alabama Department of Public Health. Hospitals, as defined in Section 22-21-20, shall be excluded from the requirements of this article.
(5) Imported. Any farm-raised fish or wild fish that was hatched, raised, harvested, or processed outside the United States or a territory of the United States.
(6) Shellfish. Includes crab, lobster, oyster, shrimp, crayfish, clam, and scallops in the wild and any farm-raised shellfish and includes any product of which shellfish is an ingredient.
(7) State health officer. The State Health Officer as defined in Section 22-2-8, or his or her designated representative.
(8) Verified complaint. An allegation of noncompliance with the provisions of this article that can be attributed to the complainant and which is signed and verified by the complainant.
(9) Wild fish. Naturally born or hatchery-raised fish and shellfish harvested in the wild. The term includes a fillet, steak, nugget, and any other flesh from wild fish or shellfish and also includes any product of which wild fish is an ingredient. Net-pen aquacultural or other farm-raised fish are excluded from the definition.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Alabama Code Title 22. Health, Mental Health, and Environmental Control § 22-20A-2 - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/al/title-22-health-mental-health-and-environmental-control/al-code-sect-22-20a-2/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?