Alabama Code Title 17. Elections § 17-6-25
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Code of Alabama
Search by Keyword or Citation
The names of candidates for each office shall be listed on the ballot in alphabetical order by surname, and the offices shall be listed in the following order:
(1) President (if preference primary).
(3) Lieutenant Governor.
(4) United States Senator.
(5) United States Representative.
(6) Attorney General.
(7) State Senator.
(8) State Representative.
(9) Supreme Court Justice.
(10) Court of Civil Appeals Judge.
(11) Court of Criminal Appeals Judge.
(12) Secretary of State.
(13) State Treasurer.
(14) State Auditor.
(15) Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries.
(16) Public Service Commissioner.
(17) State Board of Education Member.
(18) Circuit Court Judge.
(19) District Attorney.
(20) District Court Judge.
(21) Circuit Clerk.
(22) Other public officers (to be listed in the order prescribed by the judge of probate).
(23) Delegate to national convention.
(24) Other party officers (to be listed in the order prescribed by the judge of probate).
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Alabama Code Title 17. Elections § 17-6-25 - last updated December 30, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/al/title-17-elections/al-code-sect-17-6-25.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?