Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
The Secretary of State, by administrative rule, shall establish procedures for the review of complaints regarding the administration of Title III of the Help America Vote Act of 2002. These procedures shall meet the following requirements:
(1) Any person who believes there has been a violation of Title III may file a complaint.
(2) Any complaint filed shall be in writing and notarized, and signed and sworn by the complaining person.
(3) The Secretary of State may consolidate complaints.
(4) At the request of the complainant, there shall be a hearing on the record.
(5) If it is determined that there has been a violation of Title III, the appropriate remedy shall be provided.
(6) If it is determined that there has not been a violation of Title III, the complaint shall be dismissed, and the results of the procedures shall be published.
(7) After a complaint is filed, a final determination shall be made within 90 days.
(8) If the 90-day deadline is not met, the complaint shall be resolved within 60 days under alternative dispute resolution.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Alabama Code Title 17. Elections § 17-2-3 - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/al/title-17-elections/al-code-sect-17-2-3/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?