Skip to main content

Alabama Code Title 16. Education § 16-65-10

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

The State Treasurer may invest any idle or surplus moneys of the state in bonds of the authority. The governing body of any county or municipality is authorized in its discretion to invest any idle or surplus money held in its treasury in bonds of the authority. Such bonds shall be legal investments for executors, administrators, trustees, and other fiduciaries, unless otherwise directed by the court having jurisdiction of the fiduciary relation or by the document that is the source of the fiduciary's authority, and for savings banks and insurance companies organized under the laws of the state.

Cite this article: - Alabama Code Title 16. Education § 16-65-10 - last updated January 01, 2019 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard