(a) There is no limitation of time within which a prosecution must be commenced for:
(1) Any capital offense;
(2) Any felony involving the use, attempted use, or threat of, violence to a person;
(3) Any felony involving serious physical injury or death of a person;
(4) Any sex offense involving a victim under 16 years of age, regardless of whether it involves force or serious physical injury or death;
(5) Any felony involving arson of any type;
(6) Any felony involving forgery of any type;
(7) Any felony involving counterfeiting; and
(8) Any felony involving drug trafficking.
(b) The amendments made by this act shall apply:
(1) To all crimes committed after January 7, 1985; and
(2) To all crimes committed before January 7, 1985, for which no statute of limitations provided under pre-existing law has run as of January 7, 1985.
(c) Nothing herein shall be construed to mean that the adoption of this act indicates that any former statute of limitations applying to capital offenses is invalid as the result of any decision of any court invalidating the capital punishment statutes of the State of Alabama.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.