Alabama Code Title 15. Criminal Procedure § 15-18-83
Search Code of Alabama
(a) The following persons may be present at an execution and none other:
(1) The executioner and any persons necessary to assist in conducting the execution.
(2) The Commissioner of Corrections or his or her representative.
(3) Two physicians, including the prison physician.
(4) The spiritual advisor of the condemned.
(5) The chaplain of Holman Prison.
(6) Such newspaper reporters as may be admitted by the warden.
(7) Any of the relatives or friends of the condemned person that he or she may request, not exceeding six in number.
(8) The immediate family of the victim, over the age of 19, not exceeding eight in number and apportioned equally among the victim's immediate family members. If there are fewer than six total immediate family members of the deceased victim, additional immediate family members of a victim, for whose death the inmate is not sentenced to death.
(b) No convict shall be permitted by the prison authorities to witness the execution.
Read this complete Alabama Code Title 15. Criminal Procedure § 15-18-83 on Westlaw
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.